One of the best things about getting another year older, getting awesome birthday presents from family and friends. This year was the first year that I requested only books for my birthday. It seems that these days it’s one of the only things that make me truly happy. That being said, I think it turned out pretty well. I received a total of eleven books. Of those eleven books, five of them I already owned and have read on ebook form. When I fall in love with a series so much that I find myself reading and rereading it, I have to own both the physical and digital copy.
The entire Lux series on physical copy was a must (I later bought Opposition)! If you love hot, insufferable aliens, and forbidden romances, you need to read this series. It will keep you highly entertained until the very end.
The next book/ books I had to buy were the Cassandra Clare books. I owned The Infernal Devices series and The Mortal Instruments series on ebook but that just wasn’t good enough. I went ahead an got The Clockwork Princess and City of Heavenly fire on hardback. I’ll eventually have the rest of the series, but at least this is a start.
And lastly, I owned The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on ebook and now own the second book on paperback so I went ahead and requested the first one on paperback as well.
The other books I haven’t read yet, but I definitely plan to as soon as possible. I’ll post the books and authors below and you can look them up and decide for yourself if these books seem like something you would be interested in reading. Or if you’ve read them already, please give me your SPOILER FREE review in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you.
- Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave book 2) by Rick Yancey
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments book 6) by Cassandra Clare
- The Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices book 3) by Cassandra Clare
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- LUX Beginnings (Obsidian and Onyx) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- LUX Consequences (Opal and Origin) by Jennifer L. Armentrout