I was nominated today for The Liebster Award by Merel (Lucy) so thank you for that, Lucy! So here I am to accept this award and challenge by answering eleven questions about me.
Here are the rules:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you!
-Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you!
-Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers!
-Let the bloggers know you nominated them!
-Give them 11 questions to answer!
At the end of this I will post the blogs that I nominate along with the eleven questions to answer.
Here are my questions:
1) How did you discover the book-community, why did you decide to join, and when did you join the community?
I discovered the book community when I discovered Goodreads. I was a reader before this, of course, but Goodreads is a reader’s paradise. I found so many amazing book recommendations, read some great reviews and made many bookish friends. This discovery happened a couple of years ago, but I only became active about a year ago.
2) What do you love most about the community, and why?
What I love most is readers sharing their love of books together. I could talk about books all day!
3) What is the shortest book you’ve read, and what is the longest book you’ve read?
Hmm…I think it was A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning.
4) What format do you prefer: hardback, paperback or e-reader, and why?
Hardback, for sure. My reasons are simple really. First, I always prefer the physical copy of books of eBooks. I like holding the actual book in my hands while I’m reading and you know…you can’t get the new books smell from an eBook.
Out of paperback and hardback books I will always choose hardback. Sure they are bigger and more bulky, but that’s why I love about them. They are harder to be destroyed. They look better for longer than paperbacks. Plus they look prettier on a bookshelf in my opinion.
5) How many physical books do you own, and how many belong to your TBR?
Oh jeez…let me go count them. Hold on…
It looks like I own 168 books in physical copy. The number of those I haven’t read, 98 books. In my defense my read-to-buy ratio is way off. Sometimes it takes me a week to read a book when I’m short on reading time and by the time I’ve finished that book, I’ve bought 2-5 more books. As you can see, I might never catch up.
6) Who are your 5 favorite authors, and why?
- Cassandra Clare
- Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Ransom Riggs
- Marissa Meyer
- Jenny Han
7) What 5 books took you by surprise (they turned out different than what you expected)?
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
8) What is you favorite and least favorite book, and why?
This is a hard question because I don’t have one favorite book. I have many. As for my lest favorite book, there is only one book I’ve read so far that I just couldn’t get through no matter how hard I tried and that was Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton. Um…no. Just no.
9) What is your go-to genre, and what genre do you avoid reading, and why?
My go-to genre is YA Contemporary or YA Fantasy. There isn’t really a genre I avoid so I’ll just list the genre I read least of: Non-Fiction.
10) Did you ever judge a book only by its cover, and what book was it?
Um…yes. I judge almost all books by the cover. The prettier the cover the more inclined I am to read it. The last cover I really feel completely in love with to the point of making me buy the book was A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey. I still haven’t read that one yet. But might I just say beautiful cover!
11) What is the most and least amount of money you’ve spend on 1 book, and was it worth it?
I tend to smart shop when buying books. I’m always looking for the best deals so I can’t say I’ve ever paid A LOT of money on one book. The closest I’ve came to paying a high price is when buying books in the bookstore for retail price and not the online price. Those range somewhere between $17.99-$21.99.
Okay. Now it’s time for me to post my 11 questions for those that I nominate for this award.
The nominees are:
- Breathing in Fiction
- Thoughts of a Reading Teen
- Big City Bookworm
- peaches & books
- The Enchanted Book
- Mandy’s Books and Beauty
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Books
(If you’ve been nominated for this already you certainly don’t have to do this again.)
Okay, now for the questions!
- What was the last book that you read that made you cry?
- Who is your fictional BFF from a book?
- What is the most books you’ve ever read in a month?
- When did you post your first blog post?
- If you could marry any fictional book character who would it be?
- What author have you read the most books from?
- What series have you read that started out good, but slowly went downhill?
- What was the last book you added to your TBR?
- Has there ever been a book you did not finish, if so, why?
- What are your top 5 favorite books of 2015?
- How do you deal with reading slumps?
There it is. I hope you enjoyed the Q&A. Also, if you are a book blogger with less than 200 followers please leave you link down below and I’ll check out your blog. 🙂