Hello, everyone! Time for another TTT.
Top Ten Tuesday is weekly event hosted every Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there is a new theme. This week’s theme is: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit.
Here are mine:
- Stop buying books and letting them sit on my shelves for months and not reading them or not reading them again in the near future. (Meaning, only buy books I know I’m going to read.) Too much clutter. I have a very expensive habit.
2. Stop giving myself grief over wanting to reread books. We all have our favorites and I like to reread mine. But then this little voice comes into the back of my mind and says, “This isn’t very productive. Think of all the unread books on your shelf you should be reading.” I hate that little voice.
3. Stop requesting ARCs unless I KNOW I will have time to read them. So sometimes I go through the phases where I bunch of new books are coming out so I request them and by the time I get approved for them, I already have tons of other things going on. Maybe I should stick to one at time for now.
4. Stop buying so many books! I really need to stick to my book buying ban. Haha. Let’s me honest, those things never stick.
5. Use the library more as not to waste money on books I might end up not liking. I need to be more selective of my book purchasing. If I see a book I might like, but I’m not sure, I’ll wait until Kindle has it for $1.99 or get it from the library. Books are too expensive to shop so carelessly.
6. Stop reading multiple books a that same time. I keep forgetting what is going on and pretty soon I have forgotten everything and I keep starting new books instead of finishing the ones I’ve already started. Pretty soon my Goodreads profile says I’m currently reading 6 or 10 books. Not good people!
7. Stop DNFing so many books. I don’t think I give them enough time to become interesting. I need more patience when it comes to reading. I didn’t used to be this way. I used to finish every book I started. I don’t know what happened. Maybe my tolerance dropped a little.
8. Actually trying to get back into reading. Lately I’ve been having problems getting into reading. So maybe actually trying to find my next favorite book instead of binge watching Netflix and The Lizzy Bennett Diaries would help. (I have no regrets!)
9. Buying a whole series of books when I don’t know if I’ll even like them. I did this with the Throne of Glass series because everyone says it’s so amazing, so maybe this one won’t be a regret, but there are others just sitting on my shelves glaring at me from across the room. If I don’t like the first book, I’ll end up trading them in for 1/4 of what I paid. It kills my soul a little.
10. Staying up WAY too late just to finish a book because I can’t live with myself until I know the ending. I am a very impatient reader sometimes. I spend a lot of my time saying “One more chapter.” Come on. We all no there is no such thing as just one more chapter. And so the next day I’m walking around like a zombie and wondering why I did that to myself. Why couldn’t it have waited till tomorrow???
The next day:
Well the was shameful. I really need to get on some of these. As someone once said, The best time to get something done is to begin.
Do you share any of these? Have a few of your own? Please share them in the comments below.