This tag was created by TheBookArcher on YouTube. I’ve been seeing this around BookTube for quite some time and finally decided to do it.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
It’s not that I didn’t like this book, I just didn’t like it as much as everyone else seemed to. A lot of the humor was a miss for me. It was only a 3 / 5 star book for me.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I heard a lot of mixed things about this book, most of them bad, but to my surprise I found myself really enjoying this book. It’s not the best book I’ve ever read, but it’s at least 4 / 5 stars for me.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like. (Spoilers!)
I’m usually not a big fan of Villains, but I was shipping Alina and The Darkling so hard. I was hoping they would somehow end up together. I was disappointed Alina ended up with Mal.
The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
For this one I would have to say contemporary. I still like that genre, but more often than not I go for Fantasy, Supernatural or Dystopian.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses. Definitely. I couldn’t stand him and often had thoughts of killing him. I didn’t not get on this train with everyone else apparently.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I don’t think there is a specific author.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples- lost princess, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I have two here. Love triangles and instalove. Instalove is worst though. Ugh… Great relationships take time in my opinion. You should grow with them and learn about them or even be friends first. Not fall head over hills in love in one day. Nope. I can’t do it.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I just hate the whole idea of it. A lot of people like it, and that’s fine, but I have no interest in this book at all.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Giver based off the book by Lois Lowry. I liked the book, but I liked the movie more. There was so much more to the movie than the book. I loved all the added material.
So, that’s it. Agree or disagree with any of these? Comment below! Thanks for checking out my post!